Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 70, click here.
1. Troops of the Eight-Nation Alliance in 1900.
Left to right: Britain, United States, Australia, India, Germany, France, Russia, Italy, Japan.
3. Red Army soldier with a kitten during WWII.
4. The Beatles arrive in New York for their first U.S. visit (February 7th, 1964).
5. Tsarevich Nicholas (future Tsar Nicholas II) at Nagasaki during his eastern journey, 1891.
6. The last photo of Lt. Joseph P. Kennedy Jr, taken on the day of his fatal flight, August 12 (1944).
JPK Jr was the only son of JPK Sr not to run for President.
7. British Paratroopers admire graffiti on their glider shortly before D-Day, June 1944.
8. Reagan meets with the Afghan mujahideen, 1983.
9. Bobby Fisher playing 50 opponents simultaneously.
He won 47, lost 1 and drew 2. 1964.
10. Ernest Hemingway kicking a beer can, 1959.
Photograph by John Bryson.