Here are this week’s Life Pro Tips.
1. Want to download the highest quality version of an Instagram photo? View the page source on the desktop and find the line titled “og:image”.
Instagram tries to make it difficult to save photos outside of the app, but there’s a pretty easy workaround.
Let’s say you want to save this image to your desktop: https://www.instagram.com/p/BTO_dCkhxdQ/
Load it in it’s own browser tab, right click and select “View Page Source” (Ctrl+U). Then in the page source search for “og:image”. That URL links to the raw file. Copy and paste that image URL into a new tab and do with it as you wish!
2. When you ask your boss’ help to solve a problem, always have at least one approach to suggest.
It might be not the best one, but it will make them respect you more.
3. Add water to senior dogs food to help with hydration and overall health.
4. After looking at an apartment, try finding an opportunity away from the landlord to talk to the neighbors (besides, above, below).
And ask the neighbors about potential issues that the management wouldn’t want to share with you (pests, noise, etc.)
5. Any time you successfully solve a problem, handle a difficult situation, etc., write it down and use it in future job interviews.
This is for anyone who may job-hop to increase their salary. Or for those who are generally afraid of “Tell me about a time when you…”-style questions in job interviews.
We all have those days where something out of the ordinary happens and you have to deal with it somehow some way. Instead of just doing it and talking about it later (or worse, forgetting it the next day), write down the entire scenario and how you successfully handled it on a Word document so you don’t forget it.
This way you’ll be much more prepared and it’ll give you a bit of a leg up against other job seekers.