We asked our regular contributors through e-mail, If you woke up to find you were still 14 years old, and you had just been dreaming of what adult life might be like, how would you react? We got many interesting responses. Here are some of them. We have just copied and pasted their responses, not editing them in any way.
1. I’d be so happy to not have student loans anymore.
2. I’d be destroyed. My wife, my home, the family we’ve built together, just a dream.
How would I ever grow to love anything, terrified I’d just wake up again?
3. I would get a better haircut than I had when I was 14.
4. Confusion, relief and then regret because if it was all a dream then the people that meant a lot to me over the years weren’t real.
5. I think I would forget 95% of the dream in the first 10 minutes.
6. I would scream because now I got to do that soul grinding homework again.
7. I get to have a do-over for the past 30 years AND be in the 80’s again? Where do I sign up!?
8. Probably have a mental breakdown. This all being a dream means I probably wouldn’t have the whole second chance at life. I’d just be 14.
9. I would run downstairs and hug the living hell out of my parents, who’ve both since died.
10. I’d run to get pen and paper and start writing stuff down!!