Here are 25 Facts About Scientology.
1-5 Facts About Scientology
1. Because of South Park’s Scientology episode, The Church of Scientology hired people to spy on Matt and Trey to find something on them to use for blackmail. The Church became frustrated when their investigation turned up nothing but the fact that they’re pretty normal people. – Source
2. The German government refuses to recognize Scientology as a religion. The organization has officially been labeled an ‘abusive business masquerading as a religion.’ – Source
3. Wikipedia has banned the Church of Scientology from editing any of its articles. It is a punishment for repeated and deceptive editing of articles related to the controversial religion. – Source
4. The Church of Scientology carried out Operation Freakout in 1976. It was a covert plan intended to have the US author and journalist Paulette Cooper imprisoned or committed to a mental institution because of her book critical of the “religion.” – Source
5. The Cult Awareness Network listed Scientology as the #1 most dangerous cult. Scientologists sued them into bankruptcy and now owns the New Cult Awareness Network – Source
6-10 Facts About Scientology
6. In 1943, L. Ron Hubbard, Scientology Founder fought a 68 hour naval battle with two non-existent Japanese subs after misusing his vessel’s SONAR. – Source
7. David Miscavige, the leader of the Church of Scientology’s wife disappeared in 2006 and hasn’t been located since. – Source
8. In the 1970s, Scientology carried out Operation Snow White. About 136 US government agencies were robbed by the Church of Scientology in the “largest infiltration of the government in history” with “5,000 covert agents” in order to purge documents that were unfavorable of Scientology and its founder L. Ron Hubbard. – Source
9. L. Ron Hubbard was quoted saying “Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wanted to make a million dollars, the best way to do it would be to start his own religion.” years before starting Scientology. – Source
10. Scientology runs a child labor camp in Australia. – Source
11-15 Facts About Scientology
11. The Church of Scientology has a compound in California called Gold Base that is guarded by snipers and armed gate guards. It houses a prison that practices torture, and a paramilitary training school. – Source
12. Vince Offer, the ShamWow! guy, used the proceeds from his late night marketed movie, The Underground Comedy Movie, to sue the Church of Scientology. – Source
13. Jenna Miscavige Hill, the niece of the Chairman of Scientology, David Miscavige, first learned about the story of Xenu from watching the “Trapped in the Closet” episode of South Park. – Source
14. There is a Scientology drug rehab program called “Narconon”. It uses saunas, vitamins, minerals and oils to tackle the effects of drug addiction, but critics say it’s “medically unsafe” “quackery” & “medical fraud.” – Source
15. In 1970 the English Court of Appeal found that Scientology does not engage in religious worship – Source
16-20 Facts About Scientology
16. Charles Manson took 150 hours of Scientology courses and rejected it as “too crazy.” – Source
17. In 1993, upon learning that they were to play a show at a venue owned by the Church of Scientology, the band Tool was opposed to performing. They played, but Maynard, the lead singer, spent most of the show baa-ing like a sheep at the audience. – Source
18. L. Ron Hubbard’s eldest son L. Ron Hubbard, Jr. rejected his father and scientology and changed his name to Ronald DeWolf. – Source
19. L. Ron Hubbard’s book “Battlefield Earth” stayed on bestseller lists despite being critically panned because The Church of Scientology had members purchase thousands of copies, some going so far as to repeatedly buy the same copies. – Source
20. When L. Ron Hubbard showed off Scientology’s first “clear” member (the highest level of achievement with skills that included perfect memory), the woman couldn’t even recall what color tie Hubbard was wearing – Source
21-5 Facts About Scientology
21. The Church of Scientology routinely gives its members “security checks” to determine if they’ve been unfaithful to the church. The “Security Check Children,” is a 99 question interrogation, given to children of ages 6-12. – Source
22. In 1943, L. Ron Hubbard wrote a series of private letters about losing his command and various military blunders, and general good health. Later, he founded scientology and claimed heroics and injuries in the war. – Source
23. To join the high ranks of Scientology you have to sign a Billion Year Contract. – Source
24. Members of Scientology’s inner circle have to work 100+ hours/week for the church, face severe restrictions on family affairs, and can be sent to a private prison to do hard labor if they break church rules. – Source
25. The woman who voices Bart Simpson once donated $10 million to the Church of Scientology, which was almost twice her annual salary. – Source
Ok, so every man who has a little bit of sense can understand that they are running an evil and anti-human organization but what I found most shocking was why the Vetican or any other Christian Organization do not complaining about them, I mean they are using their characteristics to spread the false or mad like sci-fi believes which is quite funny at some time?
And why does the American Government not doing anything to stop that Torture cell in California and the child labor camp in Australia?
If this is the definition of Freedom then I’m quite happy what I believe!
Your “religion” is worse than any cult, place or religion in the world. Muslims make me sick
Found the scientologist
So 1/5 of the world’s population makes you sick? You’re so bigoted that you actively scorn 1.6 billion people?
more than 1/5 of the world’s population makes me sick. They are from all different religions. People are stupid and willing die and kill other for their gods. People are stupid and willing to kill people for money. Some people are just fat and lazy. Fat people make me sick. I do not judge from color or skin. I do not care if they are male or female. I do not care what religion they serve. More than 1/5 of the world’s population of humans makes me sick.
Scientology is obviously a sick group of people, but so is Islam.
atheism for the win
lol, good one 🙂
Religion is the bane of society.