Here are 25 Interesting Facts About China.
1-5 Interesting Facts About China
1. Google offers free legal download of music in China, in partnership with the largest record labels in the world (since 2009).
2. All pandas in the world are on loan from China, and when a baby Panda is born, by agreement, it is sent back to China to help expand the gene pool. The baby pandas are shipped back by FedEx. – Source
3. There is a “cult” offshoot of Christianity in China that believes Jesus is currently living in China as a Chinese woman. – Source
4. China is said to suffer from the worst brain drain in the world. 7 out of 10 students who enroll overseas never move back to live in China. – Source
5. Pencils are yellow because, in the 1890’s, the world’s best pencil graphite came from China. In China, the color yellow is associated with royalty, so American pencil manufacturers started painting their pencils yellow to indicate they contained high-quality Chinese graphite. – Source
6-10 Interesting Facts About China
6. There is a counterfeit egg industry in China, and one person can make approximately 1500 of them per day. – Source
7. Tickling was a form of torture used in ancient China on nobility because it left no mark and recovery was quick. – Source
8. When McDonald’s first introduced drive-throughs to China, the concept was so foreign that many people would pick up their food through the drive-thru, park their cars, and bring the food inside the restaurant to eat it. – Source
9. Despite spanning five time zones, all of China runs on Beijing time. Sunrise in the city of Kashgar/Zhongquo (in Western China) officially occurs as late as 10:17 AM. – Source
10. During WWII, Japan bombed China with fleas infected with bubonic plague. – Source
11-15 Interesting Facts About China
11. There used to be fake Apple stores in China. Even the staff were convinced that they were working for Apple – Source
12. Rich people in China hire body doubles to serve their prison sentence – Source
13. Brad Pitt was banned from ever entering China because of his role in Seven Years in Tibet. – Source
14. A man in China has kept himself alive with a homemade dialysis machine for 13 years. – Source
15. In ancient China, they used Mannequins to lure the enemies to shoot arrows, which they later pulled down to get free supply of arrows. – Source
16-20 Interesting Facts About China
16. In 2006, China slaughtered 50,000 dogs after three people died of rabies. Dogs being walked were seized from their owners and beaten to death on the spot. Owners were offered 63 cents per animal to kill their own dogs before the beating teams were sent in. – Source
17. In 1946, during a land survey of Sichuan province in China, a forester encountered a tree he had never seen before, so he took a sample. He came to find it was as yet unknown to science and only existing as a fossil. It came to be known as the ‘Dawn Redwood’. – Source
18. A forbidden love in China between a young man and older widowed woman forced the couple to live in a mountain cave. Over the course of 50 years, the man carved a 6,000 stairs into the mountainside so that his wife could easily descend from the cave – Source
19. Elgoog.com (Google backwards) has a huge following in China because because elgooG search terms are printed in reverse, so users are able to perform Google searches without detection by the Chinese government’s search filters. – Source
20. 2 ancient cities in China were drowned in 1959 by a man-made lake and were forgotten about, until they were discovered in 2001 by a tourist diving company. The cities remain intact and in good condition. – Source
21-25 Interesting Facts About China
21. China has planted the biggest artificial forest in the world to stop the spread of the Gobi desert, and plans to expand it to 2,800 miles by 2074 – Source
22. Chinese smoke around 2.2 trillion cigarettes a year, of which 400 billion are fake, made mostly in illegal cigarette factories in caves below a city in China, often containing 80 percent more nicotine, 130 percent more carbon monoxide and occasionally insect eggs and human feces. – Source
23. An estimated 10,000 cats are eaten per day in China’s Guangdong province. – Source
24. China set up state-sanctioned protest zones for the 2008 Olypics and then arrested people who applied to use them. – Source
25. A museum in Hebei Provence, China, was shut down earlier this year after the majority of its 40,000 artifacts and antiques were discovered to be fakes – Source
26-30 Interesting Facts About China
26. During the 2008 Olympics, China employed 30 airplanes, 4,000 rocket launchers, and 7,000 anti-aircraft guns to stop rain by shooting various chemicals into any threatening clouds to shrink rain drops before they reached the stadium. – Source
27. After Mao grabbed power in China, there were so many suicides in Shanghai that people were afraid to walk near skyscrapers for the fear that anyone might land on them. – Source
28. Some people in China actually earn $50,000 a year for being professional fart smellers – Source
29. There´s a hugely popular reality show in China that interviews death row prisoners moments before their execution – Source
30. In 2010, China had a traffic jam that lasted 12 days and spanned 62 miles – Source
omg i think that it is horrible for them to slaughter dogs just for THREE peole with rabies. man, that shoulkd be considered third degree manslaughter
I do as well its slaughter to the world
well then…. i never knew they had a huge jam… and for the apple store? really?
uh, yello, this is some interesting stuff. i mean fake apple stores, yo that aint cool.
i got dat ipod in my pocket right now!!!
i fake ipods too bro
Kill all those helpless dogs because of just 3 people? Have these modern, efficient Chinese never heard of rabies vaccine? This dog-slaughter was barbaric!
china is such a thrilling horrible place to live in
cool it is so interesting
i dont understand so better and i came from usa okay bye
Amazing & tantalizing !Love it .
HORRIBLE how they take dogs from their owners and KILL them and they KILLED FIFTY THOUSAND INOCENT DOGS just because THREE people were killed by probably only one dog!
haha good to create post after taking marijuana .
i swear if u kill another dog ill kill u.STOP !!dogs are there to make u happy not to be killed. would you like it that someone gave u live and then u killed them.
sorry ment to say lice not live
cool it is so interesting