11. A U.S. soldier shares his binoculars with three girls after the liberation of Normandy, WWII, 1944.
12. Chief John Smith in 1920, a Chippewa Indian who lived in the Cass Lake, Minnesota area and is reputed to have died at the age of 137.
13. Activist Dion Diamond sitting on a counter stool during a civil rights sit-in, Arlington, 1960.
14. “No one is born racist”.
A white child touches the shield of a black Georgia State Trooper during a KKK protest in Atlanta, 1992.
15. Chain Bridge (Budapest) after the bombing in January 18, 1945.
16. US officers with a 1941 Mercedes-Benz 540K custom cabriolet thought to be Goering’s at the end of WW2.
17. Italian grenadiers near Porta San Paolo.
Italian grenadiers near Porta San Paolo during the fighting in Rome between Italians and Germans after the Cassibile armistice, 10 September 1943.