Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 109, click here.
1. “Eyes of Hate”, a photograph of Goebbels after he finds out his photographer was Jewish, Geneva, September 1933.
2. Hiroo Onoda, Japanese soldier who refused to surrender until 1974.
3. First photo of Earth from outer space.
It is taken by strapping a camera to the US captured Nazi V-2 Rocket and hoping the film would survive the crash, October 24th, 1946.
4. Nine Kings in one photo, 1910.
5. A Soviet soldier carrying the head of a statue of Hitler, Berlin 1945.
6. British soldier hiding from the rain under the German tank “Tiger” during World War II, 1944.
7. Laura Petty, a 6-year-old berry picker on Jenkins farm, Rock Creek near Baltimore, Md. July 8th, 1909.
8. Queen Elizabeth II’s wedding cake, 1947.
9. German POWs, captured by Americans, reacting to footage of concentration camps, 1945.
10. Liverpool goalkeeper Ray Clemence watches a dog relieve itself at West Ham United’s Upton Park, 1977.