Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 110, click here.
1. View of Boston, the oldest surviving aerial photograph was ever taken, October 13th, 1860.
2. Walt Whitman, between 1860-65.
3. Austro-Hungarian tail gunner armed with ten Mauser C96 handguns, WWI.
4. Portrait of a bride and groom.
The hat is adorned with feathers for luck, Kraków, Poland, 1912 autochrome by Tadeusz Rząca.
5. The world’s 1st digital image, 1957.
6. Signature of Paris Agreements, ending the allied occupation of West Germany, France, October 23rd, 1954.
7. The First black girl to attend an all white school in the US.
Dorothy Counts being teased and taunted by her white male peers, 1957.
8. German Soldier lights a cigarette for a wounded English soldier after the Battle of Epehy, September 18th, 1918.
Photo by Lt Thomas K. Aitken, Imperial War Museum.