Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 118, click here.
1. 105mm shells from an allied bombardment all fired in a single day on German lines, 1916.
2. Watching the puppet show, Paris, 1963.
3. Queen Fawzia Fuad of Iran and Princess of Egypt, c. 1939.
4. The hellish mines of the 1980s Brazillian gold rush.
5. German cavalry taking aim in the standing saddle position, 1935.
6. The Pink Spitfire, usually flown at sunrise and sunset to avoid detection, 1940’s.
7. Cotton Exchange bldg., New Orleans, 1900.
8. Irish girl in a Catholic funeral procession, surrounded by British troops, Derry, 1972.
9. Christopher Lee shortly after the liberation of Rome.
Christopher Lee, WWII special operative, Dracula, Count Dooku, heavy metal vocalist, Knight Bachelor, amid other honors as a young officer in Vatican City, 1944, shortly after the liberation of Rome.