Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 121, click here.
1. Delivering bread in the Irish Civil War, 1920’s.
2. A boy sits amid the ruins of a London bookshop following an air raid on October 8, 1940, reading a book titled “The History of London.”
3. Belfast, 1980.
4. A young Ann Lockley holds a tea party with a baby hawk and spiny lobster on the island of Skokholm, 1938.
5. Japanese American boy scouts in the Granada internment camp.
He raises the flag to half-staff at a memorial ceremony for six “Nisei” relatives of the camp members killed in action in Italy, Colorado, 1944.
6. Herald Square, New York, around 1908.
7. A couple seated on an 1886-model bicycle for two.
The South Portico of the White House, Washington, D.C., in the background.