Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 131, click here.
1. Two Armenian counter-militias fighting the Armenian genocide perpetrated by the Turkish Ottomans, 1915.
2. Iggy Pop points a knife at David Bowie’s throat, 1976.
3. Adolf Hitler meets King of Thailand, 1934.
4. 227 gallon teapot above the Oriental Tea Company shop in Boston, Massachusetts, 1934.
5. 15-year-old German soldier Hans-Georg Henke cries after being captured by the U.S. 9th Army in Rechtenbach, Hesse, Germany, Tuesday, 3 April 1945.
Photographer: John Florea.
6. Victor Hugo, 1876.
7. Former slave named Gordon shows his whipping scars, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 1863.
8. Two Moons, one of the Cheyenne chiefs who took part in the Battle of the Little Bighorn against the United States Army, 1910.
9. British infantryman in 1941 with a long WWI-style bayonet affixed to his rifle.
10. In February 1905, it was cold enough in St. Louis that the mighty Mississippi River froze solid.