Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 132, click here.
1. A boy between two mounted lobsters caught off the New Jersey coast, 1916.
2. Aerial shot of Woodstock, 1969.
3. In 1973, during a brief ceasefire of the Vietnam War, a North Vietnam war reporter met with a South Vietnam marine.
They chatted and took this photo. They only meet again 45 years later.
4. West End, London, 1949.
5. Brig. Gen. Theodore Roosevelt Jr., the oldest man to land on the beaches of Normandy, armed with a cane and pistol directed troops in the first wave on Utah Beach, June, 1944.
6. Zeppelin above the Reichstag, October 1928.
7. Opening the Mona Lisa at the end of WWII, 1945.
8. The interior of 1936 Imperial Airlines airplane.
9. A group of Victorians doing the cakewalk, c. 1890.
10. A crowded ship bringing American troops back to New York Harbor, 1945.
Kickass facts come up with the most interesting photo’s there ever was.