Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 133, click here.
1. U.S. First Lady Pat Nixon holding future Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, April 14, 1972.
2. A man of the Ainu, an indigenous people of Japan, c. 1880.
3. Battery Park, 1977.
Photograph by Fred Conrad.
4. One of the last photos of Tsar Nicholas II.
He is in captivity following the February Revolution, March 1917.
5. A veteran sergeant in the Dorking Home Guard cleans his Tommy gun at the dining room table, before going on parade, December 1, 1940.
6. A patient is restrained in a mental institution in France, 1900.
7. New York, circa 1910.
Broadway and Hotel Victoria.
8. Armed Korean merchants conducted a lookout for looters or snipers while on top of a Korean market during the L.A. riots, April 30, 1992.
9. S.Korean President Moon Jae-in during his service at special forces in late 1970s.
10. Australian soldiers after their release from Japanese captivity in Singapore, 1945.