Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 134, click here.
1. An ambulance driver from the Indian Army.
An ambulance driver from the Indian Army clenches his hands, indicating the intense pain in his leg which has been almost completely blown off, during the Korean War.
2. 17-year-old Marina Ginestà, war correspondent for Pravda, on the rooftop of the Plaça de Catalunya in Barcelona, July 1936.
3. Thelonious Monk performing in New York City, 1975.
4. 81-years-ago, Left side view of the German airship Zeppelin LZ 129 “Hindenburg” burning at Lakehurst, New Jersey, May 6, 1937.
In this photo, the rear half of the ship is on fire but the ship is still above the ground; nose is pitched sharply upwards.
5. American soldier replaces “Adolf-Hitler-Str.” sign with “Roosevelt Blvd.” in Berlin, Germany, 1945.