Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 151, click here.
1. A Coca-Cola advertisement made by spreading grains for pigeons in Saint Mark’s Square, Venice, 1960.
2. The moment captured here is Elvis comforting his father after the death of his mother, 1958.
3. Young couples rejoice outside the White House during the broadcast of President Nixon’s resignation speech, August 8th, 1974.
4. A young Vietnamese girl escorts an American POW after his plane was shot down near Hanoi, October 5th, 1967.
5. Horses hauling a spruce, Washington state, 1905.
Photo by Darius Kinsey.
6. A group of wounded German Army prisoners receiving medical attention at first aid station of U.S. 103rd and 104th Ambulance Companies.
The Battle of Saint Mihiel, September 12th, 1918.
7. Robert A. Heinlein, Isaac Asimov , Lyon Sprague de Camp, 1975.
8. A Douglas Dakota preparing for a night flight in front of the Rock of Gibraltar during WWII.
9. A Curtiss Kittyhawk Mark III of No 112 Squadron, Royal Air Force taxiing through the scrub at Medenine.
The ground crewman on the wing is directing the pilot, whose view ahead is hindered by the aircraft’s nose while the tail is down, May 1943.