Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 156, click here.
1. Two soldiers greeting each other. WWII, Battle of the Bulge, Jan 1945.
2. Belgian miners, 1900.
3. A Free French soldier aids a civilian after hidden German snipers fire on crowds welcoming Allied forces rather than follow orders to surrender Paris, 1944.
4. Infantrymen of “D” Company, The Seaforth Highlanders of Canada, with their Universal Carrier, on which is inscribed “Germany Kaput – Italia Tutto Finito – Here We Come – Canada”, De Glindhorst, Netherlands, May 5, 1945.
5. HMS Sheffield (C-24) together with White Star/Cunard Line MV Brittanic, Malta, 1957.
6. German soldiers visiting the Amphitheatre of Pompeii, c. 1940s.
7. Cincinnati, Ohio, circa 1905.
8. A strawberry field in Hollywood, California, about 1905.
This is approximately where the El Capitan Theatre and Jimmy Kimmel Live now stand. Prospect Avenue was renamed Hollywood Boulevard in 1910.
9. U.S. Marines lined up for their haircuts, 1971.
Photo by Eddie Adams.