Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 158, click here.
1. 100 years ago: Street scene in Antwerp, Belgium, showing citizens turning out for celebration a few hours after the Germans surrendered and an end of WWI, November 11, 1918.
2. Nurses in their bomb trenches between hospital wards, France, 1918.
3. Camp guards at concentration camp Buchenwald, who were captured and beaten by the prisoners on the day of liberation, April, 1945.
4. Germany surrenders, Wall Street, November 7, 1918.
5. A parade of the Royal Canadian Dragoons headed down Bloor Street West in Toronto, Canada, before leaving for WWI in 1915.