21. Captain Nieves Fernandez, a Filipino resistance leader and former school teacher, shows to an American soldier how she used her “bolo” to silently kill Japanese soldiers during occupation, 1944.
22. Allied forces at the 3rd Battle of Ypres, 1917.
Photo by James Francis Hurley.
23. JFK and de Gaulle in the French rain, 1961, honoring those who gave their lives.
24. Battle of Khalkin Gol, 1939.
Here Soviets drove imperial Japanese forces out of Mongolia.
25. The Statue of Liberty approx 1903-1910 when the oxidation of copper began to turn it green.