16. Shaftesbury Avenue near Piccadilly Circus, London, circa 1940.
17. Victorian Downtown San Francisco, ca. 1880s, before it was all destroyed in the Great Earthquake and Fire of 1906.
18. New Yorkers celebrate the return of U.S. troops from the Gulf War with a ticker tape parade in the Canyon of Heroes, 1991.
19. Yang Kyoungjong, a Korean who is the only known man to have fought in the Imperial Japanese Army, the Soviet Army and the German Wehrmacht after his capture by the Americans on Utah Beach, June, 1944.
20. A Czechoslovakianbike shop owner with his sons about 3 years before the Nazis came to the country in 1939.