21. A British tank crew clean the gun of their Crusader in Tunisia, 1943.
22. This group of Russian women had 775 confirmed Nazi kills by 1945 most by any group of only women.
23. Sir Richard Francis Burton.
Explorer, geographer, translator, writer, soldier, orientalist, cartographer, ethnologist, spy, linguist, poet, fencer, and diplomat. Spoke 29 languages. The scar left cheek from Somali javelin. Photo (Woodburytype) Lock & Whitfield, 1876.
24. Eisenhower, Churchill, and Bradley fire the new M1 carbine in England in 1944.
25. Members of the Watford Home Defense Unit practicing marksmanship, Watford, 1942.