Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 163, click here.
1. “Big Nims” of the United States 3rd Battalion, 366th Infantry, laughing at the sight of his comrades with gas masks on, 1918.
2. A Japanese Samurai in traditional armour holding a long bow, 1863.
4. Charles (Lucky) Luciano, Sicily, Italy, 1949.
5. Hollow Horn Bear, a Brulé Lakota leader, 1907.
6. German Wehrmacht General Anton Dostler is tied to a stake before his execution by a firing squad in a stockade in Aversa, Italy, 1 December 1945.
7. Ojibwe Girl, Minnesota, 1907.
Photo by Roland Reed (1864-1934).
8. Topeka, Kansas F5 Tornado, 8 June 1966.
9. Silent “Grand Schema” monks of the Russian Orthodox Church, Balaam Monastery, Russisan Karelia, 1888.
10. Slaves from a Coffe Plantation in Brazil, 1885.