Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 165, click here.
1. Norma Jeane Dougherty , later known as Marilyn Monroe , installing the propeller of a OQ-2 drone at Radioplane factory, 1945.
2. Last known photo of a Barbary lion in the wild, Atlas Mountains of North Africa, 1925.
3. Lucille, a Dakota Sioux woman, December 26, 1907.
4. A British soldier stands with his weapon as buildings burn around him, Battle of the Bogside, Derry, Northern Ireland, August 15, 1969.
5. Saluting the flag at the Whittier Primary School, Hampton, VA. 1899.
6. Children in bomb-shelter trenches during the Blitz, England, c. 1941.
7. British and German Soldiers shown fraternizing in No-Man’s Land on the Western Front, throughout the Unofficial Christmas Truce, (Christmas Day, 1914).
8. Massive pro-independence rally in Baku, Azerbaijan, January 1990.
9. The “George Bennie Railplane System of Transport” experimental railway in Scotland, 1929.
10. French boys holding their mother’s pocketbooks, circa 1962.