Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 169, click here.
1. A team of SAS soldiers in Northern Africa, 1943.
2. King George V meets a child miner in Sunderland, England, 1911.
3. Portrait of residents of the Astrakhan province: Armenian, Kalmyk, Persian, Russian catcher, Kirghiz, Tatar, 1880.
4. Workers blast granite to build tunnels for a hydroelectric project in Australia, 1963.
5. German soldiers held up and disarmed by resistance fighters in Copenhagen, 1945.
6. B-17 bombers encounter heavy flak fire over Merseburg, Germany c.1944.
7. British tourist arrives in Sudan, Africa, 1936.
8. Sledge dogs in Dawson City, during the Gold Rush, 1899.
9. A photo of the astronauts that died in the Challenger Disaster, 1986.
10. Canadian machine gunners using a shell hole to dig in, Vimy Ridge, April 1917.