Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 173, click here.
1. Cleaning women washing a crucifix, 1938.
2. Moving a 7600 ton apartment building to create a boulevard in Alba Iulia, Romania, 1987.
3. Dave Grohl playing a GameBoy during the recording of Nirvana’s In Utero, 1993.
4. The first recorded flight of a pig at Leysdown in Kent, England, 4 November 1909.
5. Kalinin Prospekt, Moscow, USSR, 1977.
6. Fireman 1/C William Gibson stands guard with Tommy gun in control room of surrendered Japanese submarine I-14 after prize crew brought the vessel into Sagami Bay, Japan, possibly 29 August 1945.
7. 20,000 Americans attend a Nazi rally in Madison Square Garden, 20 February 1939.
8. Metal workers casting iron during the siege of Leningrad, January 1942.
9. Troops of the Eight-Nation Alliance in 1900 China Boxer Rebellion (Russia excepted).
10. “The three chiefs” (Piegan), by Edward S. Curtis, ca.1900.