Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 174, click here.
1. Dorothy Counts the first black student at Harry Harding High School, Charlotte, North Carolina, walking to school, 4 September 1957.
2. Female IRA fighter, 1970s.
3. German army dentist, circa 1917.
4. A man armed with a machine gun sits at the Cook County Jail during the 1919 Chicago race riots.
5. A cosmetics saleswoman in a shop on Toorak Road, Melbourne, Australia, 1970.
6. USS Connecticut (BB-18), the Flagship of the Great White Fleet, arrives in San Francisco, 6 May 1908.
7. Destroyed Reichstag following the Fall of Berlin, 1945.
8. Archduke Franz Ferdinand and wife hours before their assassination, which started WWI, 28 June 1914.
9. Japanese Homeless jam the Ueno railway station in Northeast Tokyo.
Police estimate there are two of three deaths nightly from starvation, 26 Oct. 1945.