Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 179, click here.
1. Adam West as Batman filming a road safety film for children in London, 1967.
2. Astronaut Dave Scott looks at Earth from the Apollo 9 Command Module in March 1969.
3. Mr. Gerdes in Arles, France, a happy customer of Motoruota Monowheel driving his new pet in 1931.
4. Three Asaro Mud Men, New Guinea, 1970.
5. The Serra Pelada Gold Mine, 1986.
6. Workers at the American Woolen Company, Lawrence, Massachusetts, 1935.
7. New York during a blizzard in 1914.
8. Aerial photo of Omaha Beach during D-day, 1944.
9. Yiddish storefront signs in the Jewish Ghetto, Lower East Side, NYC, 1908.
10. Butcher shop, High Wycombe, England, 1938.