21. St Paul’s Cathedral in London.
Stark against the fires raging in the city following a devastating German aerial attack in late December 1940. St Paul’s remained a symbol of London’s resilience throughout the Blitz.
22. Sig Klein’s Fat Men’s Shop, New York City, 1955.
23. Antiaircraft guns over Stuttgart during the bombing of Stuttgart by the Royal Air Force, WWII, 1944.
24. NASA sent 5 spacecraft to orbit the Moon in 1966-67 to take high-resolution photos for Apollo missions find a good landing spot.
Extremely grainy and low-resolution images were released because they didn’t want the Soviet Union to know US spy satellite capabilities.
25. A Chinese PLA squad leader checking his wounded squad member, Sino-Vietnamese War, Northern Vietnam, 1979.