Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 186, click here.
1. 84th Street Broadway, Upper West Side, NYC, 1879.
2. Vietnamese women learning how to use a gun during the Chinese invasion of Vietnam, 1979.
3. Red Army officer Yevgeniy Dolmatovsky during the liberation of Berlin, 2 May 1945.
4. Winston Churchill atop a German Tiger Mark VI tank, Tunis, 1943.
5. Exhumations of 22000 Polish officers in Katyn Forest. Russian crime committed in April 1940. Photo taken in March 1943.
6. The First Battalion of the 308th Infantry, the famous “Lost Battalion” of the 77th Division’s Argonne campaign of the Great War, marches up New York’s Fifth Avenue just past the Arch of Victory during the spring of 1919.
7. King George VI inspects the ground crew of “Frederick III”, a Lancaster belonging to 617 Squadron, 27 May 1943.