Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 187, click here.
1. American Soldiers on Okinawa listening to news of the German Capitulation on Radio, 8 May 1945.
2. “We will fulfill the government’s request!” Chernobyl, 1986.
3. German Jewish soldiers celebrate the 7th night of Hanukkah on the Eastern Front, Russia, 1916.
4. Listening to the birds, 1892.
5. Lyndon Johnson, six days before death, taken on 16 January 1973.
6. US military dog handler and his wounded canine pose with a captured “Good Luck” flag belonging to a Japanese soldier, during the Battle of Okinawa, 1945.
7. Workers at Ansaldo, Genoa, Italy, the early 1900s.
8. US Marine 1st Sgt. Neil Shober feeding bananas to a native goat, Saipan, Mariana Islands, June 1944.
9. Irish Citizen Army soldiers on rooftops of Dublin before the Easter Rising, 1916.
10. American sailors having a beard contest, 1944.