21. Russian experimental infra-red night vision goggles for a BT tank driver, “дудка”, 1939.
22. Stalin in the Kremlin after a meeting about the Nazi invasion of the Soviet Union at the start of Operation Barbarossa.
The photographer secretly defied orders to destroy it as it was deemed not to show Stalin in a positive light, 22 June 1941.
23. South African police disperse an anti-apartheid protest with a helicopter, Cape Town, 1989.
24. The USS Monitor directly after battle with the CSS Virginia, 1862.
25. The luxury ocean liner Queen Mary steaming down the Hudson River, NYC, in 1948.
Photographer: Andreas Feininger.