Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 200, click here.
1. Young boy getting a drink from a water fountain, Yugoslavia, probably Belgrade, May 1946.
2. Looters and policeman during Watts riots, Los Angeles, 1965.
Photo by Julian Wasserman.
3. Mogadishu, Somalia, in the 1930s.
4. A slave dealer in Alexandria, Virginia, 1861-65.
5. Adolf Hitler performs a Nazi salute as he stands next to his generals and surveys German troops parading through Warsaw on 5 October 1939.
6. Barrels with confiscated alcohol during alcohol prohibition, USA, 1929.
7. A group photo of 12 Wehrmacht soldiers partying together.
The bottom 9 are all regular infantry while the top three are Pioneer ( essentially engineers) they all wear M36 uniforms. The photo was taken in 1939.
8. The eight U.S. Marines of the “Doom Patrol” in Quảng Nam Province, Vietnam, 1968.
9. President Kennedy aboard the Honey Fitz, off Hyannis Port, Massachusetts, 31 August 1963.
10. Grand Central Station, 1941.