Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 200, click here.
1. Young boy getting a drink from a water fountain, Yugoslavia, probably Belgrade, May 1946.
2. Looters and policeman during Watts riots, Los Angeles, 1965.
Photo by Julian Wasserman.
3. Mogadishu, Somalia, in the 1930s.
4. A slave dealer in Alexandria, Virginia, 1861-65.
5. Adolf Hitler performs a Nazi salute as he stands next to his generals and surveys German troops parading through Warsaw on 5 October 1939.
6. Barrels with confiscated alcohol during alcohol prohibition, USA, 1929.
7. A group photo of 12 Wehrmacht soldiers partying together.
The bottom 9 are all regular infantry while the top three are Pioneer ( essentially engineers) they all wear M36 uniforms. The photo was taken in 1939.