Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 200, click here.
1. Australian soldiers wearing respirator gas masks, Ypres, 27 September 1917.
2. A young Chinese woman from one of the Imperial Japanese Army’s “comfort battalions” is interviewed by a British Royal Air Force officer in Rangoon after being liberated in August 1945.
3. Banana Docks, New York City, around 1900.
4. The firebox of an engine being built in the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad locomotive shop, Albuquerque, New Mexico, 1943.
5. Finnish Bristol Blenheim getting ready for takeoff, March 1944.