Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 202, click here.
1. Graves of a Catholic woman and her Protestant husband, who were not allowed to be buried together. Het Oude Kerkhof, Roermond, the Netherlands, 1888.
2. Taking cover behind newspapers, Berlin, 1919.
3. An elderly female field hand coming home from working in the cotton fields, 1860s.
4. Eindhoven in original colors on after the liberation, 18 September 1944.
5. Prisoners on a death march from Dachau move towards the south along the Noerdliche Muenchner Street in Gruenwald, Germany, 29 April 1945.
6. Ceca Drobnjak, Miss Kingdom of Yugoslavia, 1930.
7. Australian Paul Hogan meeting the Queen, 1980.
8. President Theodore Roosevelt reads a book, while his dog Skip rests in his lap, in the doorway of the West Divide Creek ranch house in Colorado, 12 September 1905.
9. An American soldier standing in the hall of mirrors at the palace of Versailles, after liberation of France , 1944.
10. Opening of first metro line in Moscow, 1935.