Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 206, click here.
1. The head of the Statue of Liberty was displayed at the 1878 Paris world fair.
2. The Milan Cathedral shrouded in fog, 1960s.
3. People seeking shelter behind lamp-posts at Dam square Amsterdam after German troops opened fire at the celebrating masses (22 killed, 120 injured), 7 May 1945.
4. Eddie Vedder hanging from the rafters, at the Drop in the Park concert in Seattle, 20 September 1992.
Photo by Lance Mercer.
5. Canadian Soldiers storm Juno Beach as part of the first wave, 6 June 1944.
6. German, Italian, Japanese, Romanian, and Hungarian military attachés visit the Finnish Front, 5 April 1943.
7. Woman in Zanzibar, 1900.
8. Spanish troops at the Barcelona City Hall, after suppressing the proclamation of the Catalan Republic, October 1934.
9. Canadian soldiers in a trench near Lens, Belgium in 1918, reading the Canadian Daily Record.
10. Battle of Verdun, 1916.