Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 208, click here.
1. Chanie Wenjack, a young Indigenous boy who died at age 12 while trying to escape from a Canadian residential school and go home, c. The 1960s.
2. Over 100,000 German prisoners in a makeshift POW camp on the Western Front, LIFE Magazine, May 1945.
3. 71-year-old Peter, King of Serbia, crossing the Drim river during the retreat of the Serbian Army, December 1915.
4. The old city of Genoa, 1875.
5. Sergeant Arthur E. Peters of Edmond, OK, serving in the 42nd Infantry Division, relaxes in Hitler’s Private apartment in Munich, LIFE Magazine, 14 May 1945.