Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 214, click here.
1. A lamplighter lighting a gas lamp in a street in Glasgow, Scotland, 1955.
2. A protesting boy remembers those who came before, the 1930s.
3. A woman adjusting her stockings by the light of a Goodyear illuminated tire, 1961.
4. Auschwitz-Birkenau death concentration camp. The arrival of the train with prisoners, Poland, 1943.
5. The Gateway Arch in St. Louis, MO, under construction in June 1965.
The truss to support the legs during final construction can be seen on the ground.