Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 216, click here.
1. JFK and siblings, 1927.
2. Chinese civilians getting high on opium, 1901.
3. Barry Gibb of The Bee Gees receiving an award from actress Tsai Chin after being voted best-dressed pop star, London, 12 July 1969.
4. Organized crime figure Frank “Lefty” Rosenthal testifies before a US Senate subcommittee on racketeering and gambling, where he repeatedly asserted his 5th Amendment right.
Rosenthal’s life would later be portrayed in the movie Casino, 7 September 1961.
5. Benito Mussolini with his family, 1930.
6. Members of the all Jewish Warsaw Ghetto Police line up inside the Ghetto for Inspection, 1941.
7. Breda workers on strike, Milan, 1970s.
8. A young man enjoying his first dance, 1987.
9. Female Viet Cong fighter wielding a captured M16 patrolling the Mekong Delta in Sóc Trăng, 1972.
10. Unit 731 researchers conducting bacteriological experiments on Chinese captive children, in Jilin (northeast China), 1940.