Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 218, click here.
1. A German soldier returns home only to find his family no longer there, Frankfurt, 1946.
Image by Tony Vaccaro.
2. Legendary luchador wrestler “El Santos” (Rodolfo Guzman Huerta) reveals his face to the audience for the only time in his entire career, 1984.
He passed away only 10 days later.
3. Signing the Treaty of Versaille in the Hall of Mirrors, 1919.
4. Father Yod (aka James Edward Baker) and his wives at the Source Family commune, Los Angeles, California, 1972.
5. A German Messerschmitt Me 262 flashes through the frame of an American P-51 Mustang gun camera, 1945.
6. A Wing Commander in the RAF, in front of the Treptower War Memorial as part of a NATO delegation to East Berlin, March 1974.
7. Robin Williams at six years old with his mother Laurie, Chicago, 1957.
8. African tribes, WWI, circa 1915.
9. The last moments of General Anton Dostler, sentenced to for war crimes, 1945.
10. Mongolian woman condemned to death by starvation for adultery, 1913.