Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 220, click here.
1. Children playing with a toy guillotine, France, 1959.
2. Russian soldiers with liberated inmates at the Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp, 1945.
3. A family in a Toronto slum, 1914.
4. American soldiers of the U.S. 92nd Infantry Division fire a bazooka at a German machine gun nest near Altopascio, Lucca, September 1944.
5. Wojtek among the soldiers of the 22nd Polish Artillery Company in 1943.
6. Man feeding a squirrel, Sweden, 1945.
7. The Minister of Munitions, Winston Churchill, watching the march past of the 47th (2nd London) Division in the Grande Place, Lille.
In front of him is the divisions not yet well known (and young) Chief of Staff Bernard Montgomery, October 1918.
8. An American Airlines (DC-3) plane flying past a stagecoach, 1949.
9. A demonstrator at the 1976 Democratic Party convention in New York City mocks President Ford’s pardon of Richard Nixon, 1974.
10. Serbian soldier holds his brother for one last picture during World War I.