Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 225, click here.
1. A spotter watches for German air raids while Premier League’s match Arsenal vs Carlton Athletic goes on, 1940.
2. German citizens forced to view concentration camp victims, 1945.
3. 19-year-old Robin Williams, 1969.
4. An 8-year-old chess prodigy, Samuel H Reshevsky played chess with several chess masters and defeated all of them, France, 1920.
5. James McClain points a revolver and a sawed-off shotgun that is taped to the neck of Judge Harold J. Haley at the Marin County courthouse, 7 August 1970.
6. Kids playing near Roman ruins in Batna, Algeria, 1968.
7. Socks the Cat sitting behind President Clinton’s desk in the Oval Office, 7 January 1994.
8. Funeral of Kaiser Wilhelm I, March 1888.
9. A man crosses a Manhattan street in a hazmat suit to publicize an upcoming antinuclear rally, 3 June 1979.
10. Auto Wreck in Washington D.C, 1921.
I’ve been following these for years. Thank-you.