Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 226, click here.
1. Indian chief visiting his son enlisted in the U.S. Army with the rank of captain on board a tank during military exercises, Washington County, 1957.
2. Philadelphia streetcar with a poster saying “SPIT SPREADS DEATH” during the 1918-1919 Influenza Pandemic, also known as the Spanish Flu.
3. Bosnian Muslim soldiers of the Austro-Hungarian army (wearing their traditional fez), somewhere on the Italian front, WWI, 1917.
4. Unearthing the GI prisoners murdered in the Malmedy Massacre, 1944.
5. “SIGHT SEERS KEEP OUT!” 75 years ago in Cologne, Germany, 6 March 1945.