11. The aftermath of the Wall Street Bombing on 16 Sept. 1920.
A horse-drawn carriage packed with dynamite had exploded outside of the headquarters of J.P. Morgan & Co. ©NY Daily News.
12. Iowa’s living Statue of Liberty image was taken at Camp Dodge in Iowa and used eighteen thousand men, 1918.
13. Kathrine Switzer has been pulled back by men trying to stop her from finishing the Boston marathon in 1967.
She was the first-ever woman to cross the marathon fishing line.
14. New York police officer fires his .38 service revolver at almost point-blank range into a piece of bulletproof glass, with test subject behind it, 1931.
15. Soviet soldier Shirobokov meets his family in the freshly liberated village of Karachevo, during Kursk operation, USSR, August 1943.
16. U.S. Army troops operate a machine gun in Lexington, Kentucky to deter rioters from lynching Will Lockett, a black man who is on trial for killing a young white girl, 10 February 1920.
17. After a V bomb attack on Antwerp, 1944.
18. “Jimmy Carter Sledding at Camp David,” 2 April 1978.
19. Soldiers paying tribute to 8 million horses and mules that died during WWI, 1915.
20. Start of the construction of the Margherita Hut on Monte Rosa, the highest building in Europe (4,554 m above sea level), 1889.
#13 isnt completely true. The man to her right is her husband. The man behind her is trying to stop her.