Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 231, click here.
1. An extremely unlikely traffic accident occurred in Lysekil, Sweden, 19 August 1961.
2. Ray Campbell (left) vs Fighting d*ck Hyland (right) at Steveston in 1913.
Hyland lost to Campbell in 15 rounds.
3. Homeless children sleeping in Mulberry Street, New York City, 1889.
5. British soldier wearing a gas mask and helmet on the Western Front in France during the World War I in 1918.
6. The world enters the nuclear age.
Trinity test fireball, 0.044 seconds after detonation, 16 July 1945.
7. Tasmanian bridge disaster, Tasmania, Australia, 1975.
8. On 4 December 1980, Terry Fox, a 21-year-old Canadian who lost a leg to cancer, began a cross-Canada run to raise money for cancer research.
He ran the equivalent of a full marathon a day. He made it 143 days and 5,373 km before the spread of his cancer forced him to quit. He died in June 1981.
9. Young girl hits her head against the door.
Photographed in Seoul, 1958.