Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 232, click here.
1. Two autistic kids tied to the radiator of an asylum, Spain, 1982.
2. Young punks in the socialist Hungary, Budapest, 1982.
3. Detroit, Michigan, the 1940s.
4. Secret Service agents respond to a hostage crisis at the Augusta National golf course during a visit by President Reagan.
They are dressed casually in order to comply with the President’s request that they cease wearing suits on the golf course, 1983.
5. Black and white children playing together in front of a street sprinkler in Harlem, 1946.
6. Going for a swim by the flooded Temple of Isis at Philae, Egypt, 1903.
7. A Tuareg man from southern Algeria, 1900.
8. Australian soldiers visiting the Egyptian pyramids and the sphinx during the final days of the WWI, 1918.
9. Interior of Passenger Plane, 1930.
10. St. Augustin’s church among ruins of Warsaw Ghetto, 1945.