Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 234, click here.
1. Same-sex marriage being performed, 1901.
Marcela Gracia Ibeas and Elisa Sánchez Loriga are wed, with Elisa disguising herself, unbeknownst to authorities, as a man with the name “Mario” on the marriage certificate, in Galicia, Spain.
2. Sergei Krikalev emerges out of a Soyuz capsule at the city of Arkalyk, Kazakhstan after spending time on the Mir Space Station, 25 March 1992.
The man went to space as a Soviet Cosmonaut, watched the Soviet Union break up in space, returned back to Earth to a different country as the Last USSR person.
3. The roof of an Aloha Airlines jet ripped off in mid-air at 24,000 feet, but the plane still managed to land safely! 28 April 1988.
4. Osama bin Laden (second from right) and his family during a visit to Sweden, 1971.
5. A young boy rescuing his pet canary from the ruins of his home following a German air raid, Warsaw, September 1939.