Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 236, click here.
1. 7’3” Jakob Nacken (221 cm) the tallest Nazi Soldier ever chatting with 5’3” (160 cm) Canadian Corporal Bob Roberts after surrendering to him near Calais, France, September 1944.
2. A cat makes a great escape from the animal rescue league of Boston, 1940.
3. Anti-hijab protest in Iran days after the 1979 revolution.
4. The Endurance being slowly crushed by ice while it’s crew watch on, Antarctica, 1915.
5. A boy and an old man in Crete, Greece, c.1952.
Photographed by Voula Papaioannou.
6. Jean Moore kneels and kisses her fiancé, wheelchair-bound WWII Veteran Ralph Neppel, USA, 1945.
7. American soldiers examine Block 13, Hochwald West Fortress on the Maginot Line in 1944.
8. “The Parade of the Vanquished.”
Tens of thousands of German PoWs, including nineteen Generals, are paraded through Moscow following their capture around Minsk, 17 July 1944.