21. A French family returning to their village after it was destroyed during the Battle for Caen, July 1944.
22. Rosa Park sitting in her iconic spot at the front of the bus one year after her arrest on 21 December 1956.
Behind Parks is UPI reporter Nicholas C. Chriss. At the time of this photograph, Montgomery’s public transportation system was legally integrated.
23. Chan Kim Srun, pictured with her infant son, at the notorious Khmer Rouge torture prison S-21 on 14 April 1978.
24. Roger Fenton’s photographic van that used to take photos of the Crimean war, 1855.
25. German Chancellor Willy Brandt spontaneously kneeling at the Memorial to the Warsaw Ghetto in Warsaw, Poland.
He had been a resistance fighter in WWII himself, 1970.