11. Out of fuel KV-2 that held up 2 German mechanized battalions for 22 hours, Raseiniai, Lithuania, 25 June 1941.
12. Native American Stand Watie Brigadier General Confederate States of America also known as Tawkertawker of the Cherokee Nation was the only Native American to attain a general’s rank in the US Civil War, Confederacy or Union.
He was the last CSA general in the field to surrender, 1862.
13. Anarchist and antifrancoist guerrilla Quico Sabaté with his homemade mortar.
On 29 September 1955, he used it from an open-roofed taxi to launch propaganda leaflets against the regime, during Franco’s visit to Barcelona.
14. Soldiers at rest after drill, Petersburg, Va., 1864.
The soldiers are seated reading letters and papers and playing cards.
15. German policemen of Postwar administation, 1945.