11. Young Queen Elizabeth II, 1944.
12. The Hungarian Nazi leader Ferenc Szálasi can be seen standing handcuffed next to the ruins of the Chain Bridge in Budapest, taking a last look on the ruined capital before his execution, March 1946.
13. Frank Lentini, owner of 3 legs, 4 feet, 16 toes, and 2 functioning sets of genitals.
14. Soong Mei-ling (wife of Chiang Kai Shek) joyfully looks over the victory headlines upon the surrender of Japan, at her home in New York, 15 August 1945.
15. The Romanov Family, c.1913.
16. Russian and American soldiers, 1945.
17. German Battleship Bismarck, photographed from Astern, 1940-41.
U.S. Naval History & Heritage Command Photograph.