Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 251, click here.
1. The Last Imperial Family of Russia.
From left is Olga, Maria, Tsar Nicholas, Tsaritsa Alexandra, Anastasia, Alexei, and Tatiana, ca. 1914.
2. Circassian girl, North Caucasus, 1917.
3. Grigori Rasputin with his followers, Russia, 1914.
4. US Marine Colonel Francis Fenton conducting the funeral of his son Private First Class Mike Fenton, near Shuri, Okinawa, May 1945.
5. American rodeo star and sharpshooter Phoebe Mozee (1860 – 1926), better known as Annie Oakley holding a gun given to her by Buffalo Bill, 1922.
6. Grand Duchesses Tatiana, Maria, and Anastasia Romanov of Russia playing on a swing, 1908.
7. Coretta Scott King and family on the plane carrying the casket of Martin Luther King Jr., Atlanta, 1968.
The photo by Harry Benson.
8. The March on Washington, 28 August 1963.
9. Austro-Hungarian Emperor Karl I personally awarding medals to his soldiers, Eastern front in Galicia (modern West Ukraine), WWI, 1917.
10. A man looks at murdered civilians during the Battle of Manila in the Philippines in 1945.
The 1-month battle to retake the city from Japanese occupation proved costly for the populace, as the Japanese began routinely rounding up males of military age and shooting them.